Search This Blog

Friday, July 8, 2011

Are You related to someone famous? part II

Well I went and revisited the site to find out about famous relatives.
And guess what?  They made it better and more improved

Here is the link again.
http://roots.cs.byu.edu/

What is cool is the fact they are tagging into the familysearch database and the information you have provided (with your permission) and are able to show a more direct link.  In the past it was only to your distant relative.  Now it can show all the way to you.

Now generally when you hit a royal line like in my case you get only a dozen or so people since they can't show every count, princess or the like.  But, with the improved system you can add in other relatives or people you want to verify if you have any link to and get a report for this.

So Like any good member of the Clan MacDougall (http://macdougall.org) I felt I should put in our Patriarch - Somerled.

What amazed me was the fact that I do have a direct line to Somerled.  But the more amazing part is that it goes through the second child - Reginald.   Not the route I was expecting.





It is also very interesting to see the linkage between various states like Portugal and the rest of the Iberian Peninsula or England and Scotland.



So I'm going to give some of the ID codes (Ancestral file Number- AFN) that one would need to check their linkage to the great Somerled and other notables of the time frame.

PZ7J-20 -  ISLES, Somerled King Of The

8WKN-4B - ENGLAND, Edward I Longshanks King Of

9G9N-60 - SCOTLAND, Kenneth I Macalpin King Of



So if you find anything interesting using this site please provide the information.  It's amazing what we can find.  I just wish I could solve the problems I'm having with my ancestor George McCool who came from Canada to Macon Illinois in the 1850's.


So for Now
Buaidh - NO - Bas

No comments:

Post a Comment